Centre Balexert SA - Geneva
Architect: Suard Architectes SA
- creating direct access from the central stop on route de meyrin.
- building around 7,000m² additional retail space in alignment with the two existing levels.
T ingénierie sa services
T ingénierie sa: building on rte de meyrin
ZS ingénieurs civils SA: lowering of the rte de meyrin
full engineering services according to sia 103 art. 4.2
- apart from the edge on the central island on the meyrin side, the clearance envelope of route de meyrin with the new tramway made any bearing impossible in the road's right-of-way.
- the structural design was constrained by the need to carry out the work once the tram was in operation.
- the structure is made of large steel girders in the roof spanning 30m on which both floors are suspended with spans of around 10m.
design & planning: 2006 - 2007
construction: 2008 - 2009